Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Maple Hill Hop 1


Maple Hill Hop

Welcome to the first Maple Hill Hop.
This Hop is dedicated to Jean,
who used to host Bloomin' Tuesday.
It's a hop for those who want to share the great outdoors.
Can't wait to see what y'all have goin' on.


Here are some autumn scenes from our garden.



Zinnias are one of the favorite blooms around here.


This year, I tried a new variety,



but I neglected to save the seed package.


Guess I'll have to do some research,


to find out what type these beauties are.




They sure made the end of summer a good time!






A little seed saving is being undertaken.
It's one of the best and cheapest ways to keep the garden going
from year to year.


Aren't these moonflower seedpods amazing?


The gloriosa daisies are a brilliant splash of golden color in the garden.



This is the head of a sunflower I planted 
for one very special boy
who has since moved away.
I'm gonna send him some of the seed
so he can plant it in his garden next season.




Our milkweed plants have been receiving a multitude of visitors.


I think it's time to post an ad on Craig's List,


so they can be shared with others.


I'm sure they will be a welcome addition to anyone's garden.



There was ample time this weekend to do a bit of fall pruning
on some of our Florida-friendly plants.


We're hoping your Tuesday is full of autumn color!

 TGP







Manic Mother


11 comments:

  1. Love that vase full of beauty!
    Have a wonderful week, Daisy.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! Hope you are enjoying the change of season!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I love all your zinnias, especially since I didn't have any in the garden this year. Thank you for the linkup. I'm looking forward to all the posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like some of the seed for your garden next year, just email me! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, as always! Love your bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have fresh flowers in the house.

      Delete
  4. So BEAUTIFUL...thanks.

    Saw your blog name in a post so I wanted to stop by. Nice blog.

    Giveaway going on at my blog if you want to stop by to enter.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you took the time to stop by. Thanks for the invite. ;0)

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty! And how fun that you're hosting this hop. I linked up my post today on saving tomato seeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog from Tilly's Nest's Blog Hop! Beautiful photos of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!